Search This Blog

Thursday, 19 August 2010

Another fine day.

This Sunday gone, I met up with a new detecting partner or rather someone who had always wanted to have a go at detecting. I went to a different field and detected alone for the whole morning, not alot compared to the other field but I did find my best livery button to date and I was still kept quite busy with signals.
This is the button,



I hope you find it as interesting as I do and with so much of the silver plating remaining it gives us a chance to image what it must have been like when it was new!
The button was made by C.PITT & Co., 50 St. Martin, London, so this dates it to pre 1895.

Always interesting, if you can identify them? Are lead seals used to seal bags of grains, rolls of cloth etc.



Here is one I found on this field that I hope to idetify with help of this great reference site. Bag Seals

This is the small mixture of the other bits that I found.






I did manage to find a small silver coin which is too badly worn to identify, but I would make a guess at a Victorian sixpence.

And this crotal bell with the pea intact but the handle broken. I always like finding these.

No comments:

Post a Comment