Search This Blog

Thursday, 19 August 2010

Small is Beautiful

When I returned to the first field for the second time, it was raining quite heavily so whatever signal I got I was determined to make sure I recovered the item.
There was one small signal that kept eluding me, everytime I moved the sticky soil I lost the signal but I stuck at it here it is.



Very small but never the less as it dried out I noticed it was decorated so I cleaned it a little and then scanned it to enlarge it to this.



It may not be old but I like it non the less.

I have had another piece of luck on this field, again something small.




A silver cut quarter of King John (24 December 1167 – 19 October 1216) was King of England from 6 April 1199 until his death. So this coin dates from around 1199 to 1216 and is in what I would call very good condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment